Time to Do Estate Planning
- Baby Boomers do not have estate plans in place.
- You do not have to have $5.0 million to justify using an estate plan.
- Most 65 year olds do not have basic wills or trusts in place.
- Most Americans do not think they make enough to warrant estate planning.
- 5 million baby boomers will turn 65 each year for the next 15 years.
- Focus on essentials but get a basic estate plan in place.
- 10,000 baby boomers born between 1946 and 1964 will begin turning 65 each day for the next two decades.
- It is estimated that 62% of all US Companies will be seeking ways to monetize within the next 5 or 6 years transferring approximately $15 trillion dollars.
- Tax burdens are 20% on capital gains, 5.4% at the state level and another 3.8% healthcare tax meaning 29.2%